Client Use Policy
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This Acceptable Use Policy document, including the following list of Prohibited Activities, is an integral part of your Hosting Agreement with DM-Tech, Inc.. If you engage in any of the activities prohibited by this AUP document DM-Tech, Inc. may suspend or terminate your account.
DM-Tech, Inc.'s Acceptable Use Policy (the "Policy") for DM-Tech, Inc. Services is designed to help protect DM-Tech, Inc., DM-Tech, Inc.'s customers and the Internet community in general from irresponsible or, in some cases, illegal activities. The Policy is a non-exclusive list of the actions prohibited by DM-Tech, Inc.. DM-Tech, Inc. reserves the right to modify the Policy at any time, effective upon posting at http://www.dm-tech.com/client-use-policy.html.
Prohibited Uses of DM-Tech, Inc. Systems and Services:
1. Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
2. Sending Unsolicited Bulk Email ("UBE", "spam"). The sending of any form of Unsolicited Bulk Email through DM-Tech, Inc.'s servers is prohibited. Likewise, the sending of UBE from another service provider advertizing a web site, email address or utilizing any resource hosted on DM-Tech, Inc.'s servers, is prohibited. DM-Tech, Inc. accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or collect replies to, messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this Policy or that of the other provider.
3. Running Unconfirmed Mailing Lists. Subscribing email addresses to any mailing list without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited. All mailing lists run by DM-Tech, Inc. customers must be Closed-loop ("Confirmed Opt-in"). The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Purchasing lists of email addresses from 3rd parties for mailing to from any DM-Tech, Inc.-hosted domain, or referencing any DM-Tech, Inc. account, is prohibited.
4. Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet Service Provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send Unsolicited Bulk Email, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, denial of service attacks.
5. Operating an account on behalf of, or in connection with, or reselling any service to, persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO) database at www.spamhaus.org/rokso.
6. Unauthorized attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (e.g., "cracking").
7. Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
8. Unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information of any DM-Tech, Inc. customers or end-users by any means or device.
9. Knowingly engage in any activities designed to harass, or that will cause a denial-of-service (e.g., synchronized number sequence attacks) to any other user whether on the DM-Tech, Inc. network or on another provider's network.
10. Using DM-Tech, Inc.'s Services to interfere with the use of the DM-Tech, Inc. network by other customers or authorized users.Indemnification By activating or using service, you agree to use service only for authorized, lawful purposes in accordance with this AUP and your Agreement. In addition to being subject to other remedies, liabilities and obligations under law or applicable agreements, you shall defend, indemnify, and hold Company harmless from any claims, damages, losses, or expenses (including without limitation attorney fees and legal costs) incurred in connection with all claims, suits, judgments and causes of action for damages arising from the breach by you or your Users of any provision of this AUP. Company shall not be liable to customers or third parties for any loss, costs, or damage to customer's personal computer or the contents thereof caused by or resulting from Company's performance of Remote PC Support Services for customer, and customer shall indemnify and hold Company harmless therefor.
Customer Responsibility for Customer's Users
Each DM-Tech, Inc. customer is responsible for the activities of its users and, by accepting service from DM-Tech, Inc., is agreeing to ensure that its customers/representatives or end-users abide by this Policy. Complaints about customers/representatives or end-users of an DM-Tech, Inc. customer will be forwarded to the DM-Tech, Inc. customer's postmaster for action. If violations of the DM-Tech, Inc. Acceptable Use Policy occur, DM-Tech, Inc. reserves the right to terminate services with or take action to stop the offending customer from violating DM-Tech, Inc.'s AUP as DM-Tech, Inc. deems appropriate, without notice.
Last Modified: 3:33 PM 5/1/2017